A.J. Muste Memorial Institute's Social Justice Fund makes grants for grassroots activist projects in the US and around the world, giving priority to those with small budgets and little access to more mainstream funding sources.
They are especially interested in funding efforts to:
- End the violence of borders and criminalization of immigrants
- Abolish the death penalty, shut down the prison industrial complex, redefine criminal justice.
- Confront institutionalized repression against racial, ethnic, gender-based, and LGBTQ communities.
- Support progressive workers movements and the eradication of poverty.
- Dismantle the war machine, end state sponsored terrorism, expose the dangers of nuclear power.
The application deadline is Monday, September 21. Please click here
to learn more.